Step up your security leadership.
The Homeland Security & Emergency Management Certificate prepares you to analyze, mitigate and manage the complex issues related to natural and human-made disasters in an accelerated and student-centered environment. Gain a competitive advantage by developing a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to assume leadership roles in emergency management, homeland security, and/or public policy.
A Well Rounded Curriculum
This certificate requires 15 credit hours (5 courses) and can be completed in less than nine months in an accelerated seven-week format. It is offered completely online.
- HLS 3100: Introduction to Homeland Security
Choose 4 courses from the following:
- HLS 3028: Comparative Government for Homeland Security
- HLS 3210: The Unconventional Threat to Homeland Security
- HLS 3660: Critical Infrastructure: Vulnerability Analysis and Protection
- HLS 4133: The Psychology of Terrorism
- HLS 4156: Intelligence for Homeland Security
- HLS 4239: Human Rights and Social Justice in the Age of Terrorism
- HLS 4881: Multi-disciplinary Approaches to Homeland Security