Be a protector and a leader.
Rosemont’s online Master of Arts in Homeland Security & Emergency Management integrates the disciplines of Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, and Emergency Management with a dynamic foundation of ethics and social justice principles.
As a student, you’ll be exposed to innovative and best practices in the field that aim to protect lives and civil liberties. Topics of study include public health issues, cybersecurity, the psychology of terrorism, the role of law enforcement, first responders, and the military in protecting the general population, and more. With this degree, you’ll be ready to lead in a wide range of strategic roles in both the public and private sectors.
A Well-Rounded Curriculum
The MA in Homeland Security & Emergency Management is a 36-credit program delivered completely online, and in an accelerated format. Complete the program in as little as one year as a full-time student.
Twelve 3-credit courses, totaling 36 credits
- Introduction to Homeland Security
- Research & Writing for Global Security & Human Rights Protection
- Comparative Government for Homeland Security
- The Unconventional Threat to Homeland Security
- Critical Infrastructure: Vulnerability Analysis & Protection
- Research Colloquium
- The Psychology of Terrorism
- Intelligence for Homeland Security
- Human Rights & Social Justice in the Age of Terrorism
- Multi-disciplinary Approaches to Homeland Security
- Technology for Homeland Security
- Homeland Security Capstone
To learn more about the MA in Homeland Security & Emergency Management coursework, contact a Momentum Advisor.
Skills and Outcomes
The necessary skills for critical analysis, hazard mitigation, incident management, and disaster recovery on local, state, and federal levels have been infused into the curriculum. You’ll explore new ideas, refine existing best practices, and innovate the profession with solutions for the protection of lives, civil liberties, and our homeland.
Structured to Meet the Needs of Busy, Working Adults
- Convenient Online Format: Courses are offered online and structured to allow you to complete coursework independently, when it’s convenient for you.
- Manageable Coursework: Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks.
- Immediate ROI: Classroom learning will come to life through case studies where you’ll be encouraged to use your own job as a learning lab—which has the added benefit of reinforcing your value to your current employer.
- Experienced, Supportive Faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals. They are experts in what they teach, and have strong connections in their professional communities.
- Expand Your World: As busy adults it can be hard to expand your worldview. Rosemont attracts a diverse student body, which brings different experiences and knowledge to the classroom, providing a robust learning experience.
- Easy & Free to Apply: We believe a quality education should be affordable and attainable, and our application process reflects this commitment. Applying is easy, and free.